Funds Transfer Help
How are you different than a bank?
- Unlike many of the big banks – First Financial has affordable credit card rates
- When banks were cutting credit lines or cutting them off completely – we instead had (and still have) loans and lines of credit for what you need, when you need it
- Banks have rising rates and fees – we’ve got minimal fees and low rates
- If you need help at a bank – you’ll probably get referred to Policy B, Section 24, Addendum 76 C … but at First Financial you’ll always get personalized service. Just call, click, or stop by!
How can I become a member of First Financial?
- As long as you live, work, worship, or attend school in Monmouth or Ocean Counties (or you’re an immediate family member to a First Financial member) – all you need to do is open a membership with $5 deposited into a Base Savings Account!
- If you work for one of our Select Employee Groups (SEGs) you are also eligible for First Financial membership.
- Stop into any First Financial branch or open an account online to join. You can also pick up a membership application at any First Financial branch. If you’re a SEG – be sure to speak with your company representative (First Financial Ambassador) and ask how you can join. If you have more questions about how to become a member, call us at 866.750.0100 – we’re happy to answer them!
What if I want to apply for a loan after hours?
- Fill out an online application – you can do this anytime, 24/7! Choose the loan you’d like to apply for on our home page under the “Open/Apply” drop down menu at the top left.
- You can fax a loan application anytime: 732.312.1530
- You can reach the Loan Department if you have questions during business hours, at 866.750.0100 – Option 2
What if I want to open an account on a Sunday?
- You certainly can! You don’t need to step foot into a branch to open an account, you can do this online 24/7. Open a Checking Account, Savings Account, Certificate, or Money Market Account right here. Links are also listed on our home page under the “Open/Apply” drop down menu.
What if I need assistance with Online Banking after hours?
- Simply call our 24/7 Online Banking Assistance line at 855.299.4411 (New number as of 3/15/13).
- For Bill Pay Assistance, call 866.837.8930.
How can I login to my VISA Credit Card Account without signing into Online Banking, and who can I contact if I need further assistance with my VISA Credit Card?
- For security purposes, the only way to sign into your First Financial Credit Card account online is through Online Banking.
- For toll free 24 hour assistance with your Visa Credit Card, please call 866.820.3808.
How do I set-up an automatic transfer on my First Financial mortgage payment?
For Current Online Banking Users:
- Login to Online Banking
- Under the transactions tab on the left side of the page, select Funds Transfer. You cannot make a mortgage payment with any other financial institution - this is for First Financial mortgage payments only.
- Select the "from account" which is the account you wish to have the funds coming from and the "to account," which would be your First Financial mortgage (you should see it displayed in the drop down list of your accounts). This is a one-time transfer option, enter the one-time transfer date and amount, and in the description section you may put "transfer" or leave it blank.
- If you would like to set-up a recurring transfer, click on the small box (in the green header) to the right of "enter payment frequency" and select "recurring" and then proceed with setting up your recurring payments.
- Click "continue" and then you must click on "approve" in order for the transfer to be processed. You will see a message letting you know the transfer was processed. Do not click "approve" twice, hit the back arrow, or click anywhere else after hitting approve once, it may take a few seconds to process your transfer.
For First Time Users:
- You must enroll in Online Banking in order to make automatic transfers for mortgage payments. Once you enroll online you will receive an email from our Operations Department giving you instructions on how to login.
- Once you receive the instructions, you will be able to sign into our Online Banking system.
- Please follow the instructions above for Current Users once you are logged into Online Banking.
- If you have trouble with your first time access to Online Banking, please call our Member Service Center at 866.750.0100. If you need Online Banking assistance after business hours, you may call our 24/7 toll free assistance line at 866.820.2870.
What about if I need assistance with my Debit Card after hours?
- For toll free phone assistance with your Debit Card, please call 866.820.8802.
Do you have accounts for students?
How can I change my address?
- Stop into a First Financial Branch during business hours
- Send us a secure email
- Notify us in writing in the mail – First Financial, PO Box 1172, Toms River, NJ 08754.
- Through the secure form within Online Banking
Are ATM deposits available for immediate withdrawal?
- No – ATM deposits are not always available for immediate withdrawal. Please contact our Member Service Center for questions on our Funds Availability Policy.
Can I make a deposit without stopping into a branch?
- You can make a deposit through any First Financial ATM – however, please be advised that your deposits may not be available for immediate withdrawal.
- You can also mail your deposits to the Credit Union for processing at PO Box 1172, Toms River, NJ 08754.
Why is there $5 being held in my Base Savings Account?
- In order to be a member of the Credit Union, we require $5 to be held in a Savings Account at all times. This amount is released when the membership is closed, if the account does not have a negative balance.
What web browsers does your website and Online Banking support?
- Click here to see a list of supported web browsers.