Student Checking Account, Monmouth County, Ocean County
For 14 to 23yearold students, we offer student checking. Our Student Checking for qualifying Monmouth County and Ocean County students includes:
- A free first box of checks, an allowance of the first mistake being free+.
- Free phone transfers to the account by parents.
- No per-check charges - unlimited check writing without getting charged after writing a certain amount of checks.
- No minimum balance requirements.
- No monthly service charge for having the account.
- A personalized Debit Card issued instantly in one of our Monmouth or Ocean County branches.
- Free Online Banking with Bill Pay++.
- Unlimited in-branch transactions.
In order to qualify for a First Financial Student Checking Account, members must meet these requirements: Deposit a $100 minimum into the account to open it, enroll in First Financial's Free Online Banking, be attending school at least part-time, and of course be 14 to 23 years old.
*A $5 deposit in a base savings account is required for credit union membership prior to opening any other account. All personal memberships are part of the Rewards First program and a $5 per month non-participation fee is charged to the base savings account for memberships not meeting the minimum requirements of the Bronze Tier. Click here to view full Rewards First program details, and here to view the Tier Level Comparison Chart. Accounts for children age 13 and under are excluded from this program.
What the symbols mean:
+ Call or visit a branch to request refund of the first fee incurred. We must receive request within 90 days of date fee is charged in order to be eligible for refund. The eligible fees are NSF, Overdraft, and Courtesy Pay fees.
++ Bill Pay is free as long as 3 bills are paid through Bill Pay each month, otherwise a $6 monthly fee applies.