*Important Website, Online Banking, Bill Pay, and Mobile Banking Information and How To Guides:
If I am a Quicken user, how can I use it along with your Online Banking?
Please click on the link below which corresponds to the version of Quicken you are using – and follow the steps within the document (once you have self-enrolled in our Online Banking).
Quicken Troubleshooting Guides
I have a Business Account and I don't know what to enter for the birthdate and Social Security fields during enrollment. What do I need to do?
Business Accounts need to enroll with the start date of your business when entering the birthdate field and your Tax ID or Employer ID number when entering the Social Security field. You can also follow the steps in our Business Account set-up for Online Banking, located here.
What web browsers are supported for the website and Online Banking/Bill Pay platforms?
Click here to view our Supported Web Browsers document to see if your web browser is supported. You can also use the browser checker available under the Online Banking login.
I am unable to view the Bill Pay site on my iPad, Google Chrome, or another web browser. What do I need to do?
- On your iPad, go to Settings/Safari/Pop-up Blocker and disable it.
- If you are using Google Chrome, click here for instructions.
- How to disable pop-ups in other browsers - click here.
What is the quickest way to make a transfer within Online Banking, and how can I set-up a recurring transfer to make a loan payment?
Click here to view our Online Banking quick transfer guide.
*Please Note: The fastest way to make a payment within Online Banking to your First Financial loan or credit card is by using the Account Transfer button and transferring the funds directly to your loan.
How are you different than a bank?
- Unlike many of the big banks – First Financial has affordable credit card rates.
- When banks were cutting credit lines or cutting them off completely – we instead had (and still have) loans and lines of credit for what you need, when you need it.
- Banks have rising rates and fees – we've got minimal fees and low rates.
- If you need help at a bank – you'll probably get referred to Policy B, Section 24, Addendum 76 C … but at First Financial you'll always get personalized service. Just call, click, or stop by!
How can I become a member of First Financial?
- As long as you live, work, worship, volunteer, or attend school in Monmouth or Ocean Counties (or you're an immediate family member to a First Financial member) – all you need to do is open a membership with $5 deposited into a Base Savings Account!
- If you work for one of our Select Employee Groups (SEGs) or Community Partners, you are also eligible for First Financial membership.
- Stop into any First Financial branch to join, or give us a call or drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions beforehand. You can also pick up a membership application at any First Financial branch. If you're a SEG or Community Partner – be sure to speak with your company representative (First Financial Ambassador) and ask how you can join. If you have more questions about how to become a member, call us at 732.312.1500 – we're happy to answer them!
What if I want to apply for a loan after hours?
- Fill out an online application – you can do this anytime, 24/7! Choose the loan you'd like to apply for on our home page under the "Apply for a Loan” drop down menu on the left.
- You can fax a loan application anytime: 732.312.1530
- You can reach the Loan Department if you have questions during business hours, at 732.312.1500 – Option 4
What if a hardship has come up in my life, and I am not sure if I’ll be able to make my loan payment on time this month?
Our Member Solutions Center is here to help! Unexpected events can happen to anyone. Our mission is to work with you and diligently make arrangements for payments, preserve your credit rating, help make your payment plan a little easier during tough times, and work to make arrangements for short-term emergencies. We understand talking to someone about a late payment can be uncomfortable. That’s why we have a friendly, down-to-earth staff that is here to help. Your loan accounts are important to us and repayment difficulties are most often the result of hardship and unforeseen circumstances. Just be honest and open with us and we’ll come up with a plan to help. Open communication is the best communication during a time of need. Dial Option #5 when you call 732.312.1500.
What if I need assistance with Online Bill Pay after hours?
- For Bill Pay Assistance, please call 855.712.0499 (7am EST - 1am EST, 7 days a week)
- For Online Banking Assistance, please call 732.312.1500, Option 2 during business hours.
- If you are locked out of Online Banking and need to reset your password - click here.
How can I login to my VISA Credit Card Account without signing into Online Banking, and who can I contact if I need further assistance with my VISA Credit Card?
- For security purposes, the only way to sign into your First Financial Credit Card account online is through Online Banking.
- For toll free 24 hour assistance with your Visa Credit Card, please call 866.820.3808.
What about if I need assistance with my Debit Card after hours?
- For toll free phone assistance with your Debit Card, please call 866.820.8802.
Is there a way to setup Visa Debit and Credit Card Purchase Alerts for my cards?
- For Visa Credit Card Purchase Alerts (email and/or text alerts), login to Online Banking and click on your Visa Credit Card. At the top right click on Communications, and then Visa Transaction Alerts. You can set email, text, or alerts sent both ways to let you know when your credit card has been used outside the country, over a dollar amount that you set, used at a gas station, or used to make an online or phone purchase.
- For Visa Debit Card Purchase Alerts (email alerts only), click here. You can choose to receive email alerts when your Debit Card is used for a purchase over a dollar amount you set, used outside the country, or used to make an online or phone purchase.
What if I have an Identity Theft incident outside of business hours?
- Call Sherpa ID Theft Protection Customer Support: 855.568.3070 (available 24/7 and 365 days a year)
Do you have accounts for students?
How can I change my address?
- Stop into a First Financial Branch during business hours
- Send us a secure email.
- Notify us in writing in the mail – First Financial, PO Box 1172, Toms River, NJ 08754.
- Through the secure form within Online Banking.
Are ATM deposits available for immediate withdrawal?
- No – ATM deposits are not always available for immediate withdrawal. Please contact our Member Relationship Center for questions on our Funds Availability Policy.
Can I make a deposit without stopping into a branch?
- You can make a deposit through any First Financial ATM – however, please be advised that your deposits may not be available for immediate withdrawal.
- You can also mail your deposits to the Credit Union for processing at PO Box 1172, Toms River, NJ 08754.
- You can also deposit remotely within our Mobile App for iPhone and Android users, or our Tablet App for iPad, Android/Samsung, and Kindle Fire users - click here to get started with 1 Click!
Why is there $5 being held in my Base Savings Account?
- In order to be a member of the Credit Union, we require $5 to be held in a Savings Account at all times. This amount is released when the membership is closed, if the account does not have a negative balance.
What is your routing number so I can set-up Direct Deposit?
- Our routing number is 231278339
Is it possible to skip a monthly loan payment?
- With our Skip-a-Pay Program, you're able to skip a payment up to two (2) times a year, but no more than four (4) times during the life of the loan - for just $35 each time. To learn more about skipping a loan payment, call 732.312.1500, Option 4 or get started online here.
- *Please note that skip-a-pay excludes Mortgages, Credit Cards, and Home Equity Loans & Lines of Credit. Member can skip only one loan payment at a time within the same month. In order to qualify for skip a pay, you must be a member in good standing with a minimum of $5 deposited in your base savings account.