Frequently Asked Questions
Website, Online Banking, Bill Pay, and Mobile Banking Information
Our Online & Mobile Banking System Upgrade took place in March 2021, and if you have not yet logged into the new system you will need to follow instructions for logging in for the first time on our System Upgrade webpage.
- Previous Online Banking users will need to login with their previous user ID and the last 6 digits of their SSN as their password.
- Previous Business Accounts will also login with their previous user ID and use the last 6 digits of their TIN as their password.
- *Important Note: Entering your previous Online Banking password will not work and will lock you out of the new Online Banking system.
- Please visit our System Upgrade webpage for important information, FAQs, first time login guides, and video tutorials.
- For Online Banking login assistance only, please call 833-658-0295 after hours or if you are unable to get through to our main phone number.
I am unable to view Bill Pay on my iPad, Google Chrome, or another web browser. What do I need to do?
- On your iPad, go to Settings/Safari/Pop-up Blocker and disable it.
- How to Clear Your Web Browsing Data and Cache
- If you are using Google Chrome, click here for instructions.
I can't login to Online Banking on your new website on my Apple device, the login box seems to be covered or doesn't appear.
- First and foremost - make sure your Apple device software has been updated to the latest version.
- If you are using an older version of Safari (Safari 13.1.2, MacOs High Sierra version 10.13.6) - you may not see the Online Banking login box or be able to access it. You will need to go to your device display settings, and increase the zoom from 100% to 150%.
- You may also need to clear your browser cache, and make sure your pop-up blocker has been disabled.
- If none of the above rectifies the issue, you may need to contact Apple Support
How are you different than a bank?
- Unlike many of the big banks – First Financial has affordable credit card rates, plus great rewards.
- When banks were cutting off certain loan products – we instead had (and still have) loans for what you need, when you need it.
- Banks have rising rates and fees – we've got minimal fees and low rates.
- If you need help at a bank – you'll probably get referred to Policy B, Section 24, Addendum 76 C … but at First Financial you'll always get personalized service. Just call, click, or stop by!
How can I become a member of First Financial?
- As long as you live, work, worship, volunteer, or attend school in Monmouth or Ocean Counties (or you're an immediate family member to a First Financial member) – all you need to do is open a membership with $5 deposited into a Base Savings Account!
- If you work for one of our Select Employee Groups (SEGs) or Community Partners, you are also eligible for First Financial membership.
- Stop into any First Financial branch to join, or give us a call, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions beforehand. You can also pick up a membership application at any First Financial branch.
- If you're a SEG or Community Partner – be sure to speak with your company representative (First Financial Ambassador) and ask how you can join.
- If you have more questions about how to become a member, call us at 732.312.1500 – we're happy to answer them!
What if I want to apply for a loan after hours?
- Fill out an online application – you can do this anytime, 24/7! Choose the loan you'd like to apply for on our home page in the center of the page, or click here.
- You can fax a loan application anytime to: 732.312.1530
- You can reach the Loan Department if you have questions during business hours, at 732.312.1500 – Option 4
What if a hardship has come up in my life, and I am not sure if I’ll be able to make my loan payment on time this month?
Our Member Solutions Center is here to help! Unexpected events can happen to anyone. Our mission is to work with you and diligently make arrangements for payments, preserve your credit rating, help make your payment plan a little easier during tough times, and work to make arrangements for short-term emergencies. We understand talking to someone about a late payment can be uncomfortable. That’s why we have a friendly, down-to-earth staff that is here to help. Your loan accounts are important to us and repayment difficulties are most often the result of hardship and unforeseen circumstances. Just be honest and open with us and we’ll come up with a plan to help. Open communication is the best communication during a time of need. Dial Option 5 when you call 732.312.1500.
What if I need assistance with Online Bill Pay after hours?
- For Bill Pay Assistance, please call 855.712.0499 (7am EST - 1am EST, 7 days a week)
- For Online Banking Assistance only, please call 833.658.0295 after hours.
Who can I contact if I need further assistance with my VISA Credit Card?
- For toll free 24 hour assistance with your Visa Signature Cash Plus Credit Card, please call 888.999.3302
- For toll free 24 hour assistance with all other First Financial Visa Credit Cards, please call 888.999.3353
What about if I need assistance with my Debit Card after hours?
- For toll free phone assistance with your Debit Card, please call 833.613.0448
What services are offered through Digital Wallet and which devices are compatible?
- You can use your First Financial Visa Debit and Credit Cards with your compatible smartphone, smartwatch, or tablet device for Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, Microsoft Wallet, and Visa Checkout.
- For assistance with Digital Wallet activation and troubleshooting, please call 844.646.5467
Is there a way to setup Visa Purchase Alerts for my cards?
- Go to Visa Debit Card Purchase Alerts (email alerts only). Enrolling in this service allows you to choose to receive email alerts when your Debit Card is used for a purchase over a dollar amount you set, used outside the country, or used to make an online or phone purchase.
Do you have accounts for students?
- We sure do! For our youngest First Financial members we've got a First Step Kids Savings Account
- For students ages 14-23, try our Student Checking Account
How can I change my address?
- Stop into a First Financial Branch during business hours.
- Send us a secure email through Online Banking.
- Notify us in writing in the mail – First Financial, PO Box 1172, Toms River, NJ 08754
Are ATM deposits available for immediate withdrawal?
- No – ATM deposits are not always available for immediate withdrawal. Please contact our Member Relationship Center for questions on our Funds Availability Policy.
Can I make a deposit without stopping into a branch?
- You can make a deposit through any First Financial ATM – however, please be advised that your deposits may not be available for immediate withdrawal.
- You can also mail your deposits to the Credit Union for processing at PO Box 1172, Toms River, NJ 08754
- You can even deposit remotely from within our Mobile and Tablet Apps, which you can get in the App Store or Google Play. See how you can get started with 1 Click!
Why is there $5 being held in my Base Savings Account?
- In order to be a member of the Credit Union, we require $5 to be held in a Savings Account at all times. This amount is released when the membership is closed, if the account does not have a negative balance.
What is your routing number so I can setup Direct Deposit?
- Our routing number is 231278339
Is it possible to skip a monthly loan payment?
- With our Skip-a-Pay Program, you're able to skip a payment up to two (2) times a year, but no more than four (4) times during the life of the loan - for just $35 each time. To learn more about skipping a loan payment, call 732.312.1500, Option 4 and ask for Member Solutions.
- *Please note that skip-a-pay excludes Mortgages, Credit Cards, and Home Equity Loans & Lines of Credit. A member can skip only one loan payment at a time within the same month. In order to qualify for skip a pay, you must be a member in good standing with a minimum of $5 deposited in your base savings account, after your initial 3 loan payments are made with no delinquency.
Can I pay my First Financial loan from another bank account?
- Yes - you can schedule your First Financial auto, personal, and fixed-rate home equity loans to be paid from a checking or savings account at another financial institution on either the 1st, 5th, 15th or 25th of each month.
- You can also use the external transfer feature within our upgraded Online Banking to transfer money between your First Financial accounts and accounts at other U.S. financial institutions. Learn more about about external transfers here.
- Questions on how to get started? Stop into your local branch or give us a call at 732.312.1500