For 14 to 23 year old students, we offer Student Checking!
Our Student Checking Account includes:
- An allowance of the first mistake being free.+
- Free phone transfers to the account by parents.
- Non-First Financial ATM usage fees are not charged by First Financial!*
- No per-check charges - unlimited check writing without getting charged after writing a certain amount of checks, and unlimited in-branch transactions.
- No minimum balance requirements.
- No monthly service charge for having the account.
- A personalized Debit Card issued instantly in one of our Monmouth or Ocean County branches.
- Free Online Banking with Bill Pay.
- E-Statements are required with this account, and you may also be eligible for 1 Click Remote Deposit Capture.**
In order to qualify for a First Financial Student Checking Account, members must meet these requirements: Deposit a $5 minimum into the account to open it, enroll in First Financial's Free Online Banking, be attending school at least part-time, and of course be 14 to 23 years old.
A $5 deposit in a base savings account is required for credit union membership prior to opening any other account. All personal memberships are part of the Rewards First program and a $5 per month non-participation fee is charged to the base savings account for memberships not meeting the minimum requirements of the program. Click here to view full Rewards First program details.
*This does not apply to any surcharge fees deducted by the ATM owner, this only applies to a non-First Financial ATM fee that would be charged by First Financial based on the Rewards First tier.
**Members must meet certain criteria to be eligible for Remote Deposit Capture, and standard data rates and charges may apply. You can apply for 1 Click by contacting a Member Service Representative.
+Call or visit a branch to request refund of the first fee incurred. We must receive request within 90 days of date fee is charged in order to be eligible for refund. The eligible fees are NSF, Overdraft, and Courtesy Pay fees.